tirsdag 23. oktober 2012

Facbook



I chose to write about Facebook because it influences our generation and society a lot.  

Informal
Dear diary
I just love Facebook I`m online 24/7, by the way, yesterday an old friend from primary school added me as a friend. I got really excited, and we started to chat. We talked about a lot of things, and it felt like we never had been separated.  Personally I`m addicted to Facebook, cause when I start to chat with my friends I can`t stop. It helps me to keep in touch with old friends and my family which lives in Tromsø. Another thing I just looooove about Facebook is that you can get to know people from all over the world. This helps me to understand other cultures, which in my opinion is extremely interesting.

This is informal because it doesn’t have a structure, the text is also simple written, with abbreviations.

Formal 
Facebook is a social network service, which were launched in 2004. The website has an age limit of 13. To join the website you have to sign in and create a personal profile. You can add other users as friends and  exchange messages on chat, and share photos with each other. The users can also join groups and play games against their friends, like for instance Tetris. The site was originally created for university students and the staff in the U.S with the purpose that it would help students to keep in touch with each other. Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg and his collage friends, at first the website was limited by the Harvard students, but was expanded to other collages in the Boston area. Facebook is the first website with more than 1 billion users.

This text is formal, because it has a complex structure and it has a lot of imformation.

                  

1 kommentar:

  1. Informative post about the difference between formal and informal texts. Interesting topic as well.

    SvarSlett