tirsdag 28. august 2012

Dictionaries on Web


 
 Merriam Webster
This dictionary has ads at both sides of the searching spot/square which makes the dictionary-site a bit confusing in my opinion. A thing I like about this dictionary is that it has a button where I as a visitor can listen how to pronounce the word I looked up. It also has synonyms at the bottom of the site which is a big plus if you are struggling with a varied vocabulary.



 
Cambridge dictionaries online
This dictionary is the most confusing of the tree I chose to use, mainly because it has too many ads. A funny thing with this dictionary is that it has a button for pronouncing the word in British English, and in American English. This dictionary is not to prefer for people in a hurry because of all the ads which makes it cumbersome.   




Heinle`s Newbury House Dictionary
This Dictionary is tidy and without ads which makes it less confusing than the others I used. It is easy to understand, and looks up new words fast with good descriptions and examples . Another thing I like about this dictionary is when I looked up words a list words stating with the same letter showed up on the left side of the searching square. I liked this Dictionary best manly because it is tidy without ads which makes it easy to understand.

1 kommentar:

  1. Very well structured and organized presentation of dictionaries. I liked how you illustrated with pictures, made it easy to read as well. Perhaps you could explain the difference between monolingual and bilingual dictionaries?

    SvarSlett